This WHMIS e-Learning program presents an interactive design for education and training under Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS). The goal of this training program is to give participants knowledge and information which they can understand and apply to safely handle, store and dispose of hazardous materials.
- Basics of WHMIS
- WHMIS legislation and enforcement (including responsibilities)
- Hazard classes and their symbols
- WHMIS labels
- Education and training
Training Program Duration
Average time to complete this WHMIS e-Learning program is approximately 45 minutes. This WHMIS e-Learning program is self-paced. Participants may pause/leave the online training program at any time and can resume where they left off.
Workers and supervisors in workplaces where controlled products are used; human resources and safety professionals with responsibilities for training and compliance; anyone who works with, or near, controlled products.
This is a refresher training program. Prior to taking this program, participants should have completed a comprehensive classroom workshop.
Created specifically for those in Canadian workplaces who have already had some training on the basic concepts of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), this training program allows participants to quickly refresh their WHMIS understanding. Participants will review WHMIS basics and Canadian legislation, hazard classes, labels and material safety data sheets (MSDSs) and learn key tips for working safely with hazardous materials.
Note that this training program does not cover certain special issues and requirements that may apply to laboratories or workplaces where chemicals are produced, formulated or packaged.
Developed by HR Proactive Inc., this WHMIS e-Learning program features built-in review quizzes. Those who score at least 80% on the final exam will be able to print a certificate of completion.
Upon completion of this training program participants will be able to:
- Apply information in the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Identify supplier and workplace labels
- Identify and locate Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs) in their work area
- Understand the health and safety hazards they may encounter
- Recognize the WHMIS symbols associated with hazardous materials
- Understand their rights and responsibilities as they relate to WHMIS
Key Training Program Benefits
- WHMIS training is delivered online quickly, easily and conveniently, 24/7
- Consistent training available simultaneously to numerous staff in multiple locations
- Completely bilingual course content is available
- No start-up fee, no software to install and no long-term obligation
- Comprehensive electronic documentation of employee WHMIS training
- Access to group progress and printable reports in real time via LMS
- Minimize instructor administration time, eliminates cumbersome paperwork
- Ability to incorporate evaluation questions specific to your company and brand with your logo
- Ability for the participant to log in to this WHMIS e-Learning program multiple times over an extended period
This program is available to be purchased on a login and password basis or outright as a Scorm-compliant program that you can implement into your Learning Management System (LMS).
HR Proactive Inc. can also host your own customized training centre portal with HR Proactive’s suite of compliance e-Learning programs. Call for information about the various options available for purchasing WHMIS suite of products at Toll Free 1.888.552.1155.
HR Proactive has developed a suite of WHMIS training products to help you meet Alberta’s requirements and legislation, whether your business centre
is in Edmonton, Calgary, Fort McMurray, Red Deer, Lethbridge or the smallest community of Lacombe.
Home Builders Hamilton - Must Do In Niagara Falls - Christmas Gift Baskets 4U - Custom Neoprene Gaskets - Insulation Markham - Guelph Concrete - Teaching Global
Copyright ©2014 WHMIS Training Alberta. All Rights Reserved. Developed by Vision Design | Other Sites